Approximately 3 hours of paddling on Lake Mead, to several islands.
About the Experience
The perfect canoe trip for all skill levels, (including those with no experience), this beautiful journey is a must!
Cruise out to the Boulder Islands for a leisurely hike, look for seashells on the beaches, or enjoy a refreshing swim in crystal clear waters. Enjoy a picnic style lunch to top off a great day of canoeing on Lake Mead.
Meet us at the lake in your own vehicle. Be sure to wear a bathing suit in summer months; the water temperatures are perfect for swimming. A professional guide will be at your side all day to offer instruction, stories, local history, and the information about construction of the Hoover Dam. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your canoeing adventure on Lake Mead.
ACTIVITIES & HIGHLIGHTS
- Wildlife Viewing
Easy - Moderate (depending on wind)
SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Beginner friendly, family friendly, no previous experience required. Minimum age: 6+ years.
Packing Your Gear
Come prepared. Temperatures can vary greatly, so it is best to be prepared for all types of weather conditions. We have put together a recommended gear list for you, which will help keep you comfortable while enjoying the outdoors.
- Shorts or pants and shirt (not cotton)
- Dress in layers
- River sandals or water shoes (no flip flops)
- Swimsuit (wear under clothes)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Towel (optional)
- Spending cash for souvenirs & tips*
In cooler months (Nov-March) add:
- Base layer (polypro, capilene, etc.)
- Fleece top (for warmth)
- Wool socks
- Windproof/rainproof jacket
- Ski type beanie/hat
* Gratuities for guides range from 10%-20% of trip cost
- - Tandem canoe (tour price charged per person)
- Paddle and life vest
- Safety equipment
- Professional Guide
- Basic paddling instruction
- Bottled water
- A dry bag for your essentials
*Gratuity not included